Saturday, May 28, 2011

I was stupid for a moment, am better now. (mostly)

My earlier post, "Into the Darkness You Go", wasn't meant as full fledged support for the war in Libya. I only meant that now that our forces are committed let's not cluster-fuck this war so badly. That's where the 'sunken cost fallacy' becomes relevant; my initial opinion was based upon the assumption that the best course of action would be to 'stay the course' as it were.

Fuck that.

Since as early as the war of 1812 through to the present day US foreign policy has been one long, bloodthirsty SNAFU. We are not unique in that fact, but America is my nation and that makes me, as a citizen, uniquely responsible for our national conduct.

I'm not a pacifist and I don't know what we should do going into the future from here. All I know for certain is that too much blood has already been spilled since 09/11/2001.

And..... yeah. /rant

No comments:

Post a Comment