Thursday, October 20, 2011

Glad

I am glad that Gilad is free.  I also have a lot of respect for Israel and the IDF.

Rachel Abrams and all the other Zionists........... no so much.  If I despised every member of the IDF or Hamas because of the atrocities committed by those organizations then I would also have to hold in contempt every member of my own nation's military.

blah blah blah.

The bottom line is that Israel is an advanced nation with cutting edge military hardware and training backed by some of the most powerful political and economic institutions the world has ever seen.  The Palestinians have some outdated rifles and rockets.

I sense a slight imbalance in this conflict.  And my sympathies generally don't go to Goliath.

That said.... just..... what the fuck?

Really.  Just, what the fuck?

The only people I feel bad for are the civilians on both sides.  Which is fucked up since this is fundamentally a conflict over who has the right to exist on that land.

No comments:

Post a Comment