Monday, June 14, 2010

Gears of Mortal Reach

Since everyone else in the universe is doing it I figured I'd waste your time with my thoughts on that corporate hypefest known as E3 so far.

I'm not a huge Gears of War fan; the chainsaw kills are just barely awesome enough to make me ignore the brain-dead narrative. The new trailer for GoW 3 is pretty cool though. I mention it though because I think it's hilarious that they ended the trailer with "Brothers To the End" and this also happens to be the trailer where they show the first* female soldier in the series.

Also awesome is the new Mortal Kombat they're showing off. I have a friend who's obsessed with the franchise; I hope this game is good if only because that will get him to stop whining about how awful MK vs DC was. Well, that and because Fatalities are fucking awesome.

And finally, if you're a Halo fan this speaks for itself.

That's all, later!

*There's actually a female medic in GoW 2. When you first enter get into the locust tunnels using the drilling pods you can find her down by where all of the cogs are engaged in combat. She has the exact same "A. Carmine" model as the rest of the soldiers and you can only tell by her voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment