Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The answer is "no" I've discovered.

March 9, 2011 I wrote a post called "Bordering on literal fascism".  Upon further review: no, it is not even close to literal fascism.

My bad.  My only defense is that I really didn't understand a lot about politics, except through the lens of the American two-party system.  Taking part in something as cataclysmic as the February protests left me shaken, and with few ways to try and make sense of it.  Naturally I fell into the psychological/intellectual trap that plagues us here in America (not to say they are free of this elsewhere): Without any meaningful historical or political context everything is perceived as being either 'extreme' or 'moderate' with few other meaningful distinctions.

http://gloriacoffea.blogspot.com/2011/03/bordering-on-literal-fascism.html

No comments:

Post a Comment